As you may or may not be aware, I have a prepaid plan on PC Mobile. I found for my situation, it would work the best even though I dislike their prepaid expiry dates on air time. Let’s not fuss about that situation because PC Mobile has just rolled out some brand new monthly plans! In general I’ve found President’s Choice to do things a bit cheaper and a bit better than most other companies in Canada. I hope this new monthly plan option keeps in line with what the PC brand stands for. Good deals! Let’s take a look and eventually get into a comparison to see how these plans stack up against the competition.
One cool thing is that you can earn double the PC points so long as you sign-up for pre-authorized payment with a PC Financial MasterCard or PC Financial World MasterCard. So in real terms, for 20,000 PC points, you get $20 in free groceries.
Deal Alert! You get a $100 PC gift card on any new activation on any 18 or 30 month term with PC Mobile. That deal is only for monthly plans and not the prepaid. The $100 PC gift card deal in on until July 2, 2013. If you miss this deal, then they will follow this with a $50 PC gift card which is available up until September 4, 2013.
What’s included in all the monthly plans?
- nationwide minutes
- unlimited international texting
- call display
- voice mail
- unlimited Nationwide family calling
- unlimited 6PM Nationwide evenings and weekends (pay $2/month extra fo 5pm evening calling option)
- unlimited international picture and video messaging
- call waiting
- call forwarding
- conference calling
- $2 per paper bill (it’s a funny thing to say a $2 fee comes with a plan, but it’s true! Free e-bill of course)
- and more (according the PC Mobile but let’s see what’s behind this door later)
How much to the PC Mobile monthly plans cost and what do you get?
- Price – $35/month
- Nationwide minutes – up to 400 (pay $5 extra per month to add 25 minutes)
- Data – up to 200MB (pay $5 per 100MB if you need more)
- Price – $50/month
- Nationwide minutes – up to 1000 (pay $5 extra per month to add 25 minutes)
- Data – up to 1GB (pay $5 per 500MB if you need more)
- Price – $65/month
- Nationwide minutes – unlimited
- Data – up to 2GB (pay $5 per 500MB if you need more)
PC Mobile – Phones and Smartphones
You can choose to buy your phone outright if you so choose. Prices you pay to own your device outright include:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 – $625
- BlackBerry Q10 – $625
- Nexus 4 – $350
- Samsung Galaxy S II X – $300
- Samsung Galaxy Ace II X – $180
- Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone) – $180
If not bought outright, here are the going prices.
- Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone) – $0 (18 month term)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 – $325 (30 month term)
- Nexus 4 – $50 (30 month term)
- Samsung Galaxy SII X – $0 (30 month term)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace II X – $0 (18 month term)
- BlackBerry Q10 – $325 (30 month term)